¿Qué saber?


In Spain we have different territorial divisions of Public Administration: state, regional, provincial and municipal. With regard to the powers relating to the regulatory regulation of housing and its management or exploitation, this is an aspect whose responsibility is derived from the Autonomous Communities, in our case, the Valencian Community.


The applicable regional regulations are grouped together in the following regulatory provisions:
- Tourism, leisure and hospitality law (Law 15/2018),
- Tourism discipline (Decree 15/2020),
- Regulatory regulation of tourist accommodation (Decree 10/2021),
- Regulation of the Tourism Registry (Decree 1/2022).


Tourist homes are defined by the regulations as those complete properties that are rented on a regular basis for tourist, vacation or leisure purposes, through the internet or other new technology systems.


Why do you need it?


Depending on the type of property (flat, apartment, chalet, townhouse, bungalow, etc.) and the land on which it is located, it will be necessary to obtain certain documentation to be able to register the property in the Tourism Registry, which is colloquially known as as obtaining a tourist license (VT-XXX).

This tourist license is legally essential to be able to rent for tourist purposes, and the Administration will punish homeowners who rent or publish on portals intended for this purpose such as Airbnb or Booking without said license.

In this article we are going to focus on the type of villa, such as one that is located on urban land and that, as a general rule, has a swimming pool for private use, since it is the predominant object that we manage at Abahana Villas.

What do you need?


- Property title (deed or notarial document of property acquisition: sale, succession, donation, termination of condominium, etc.) to identify the owner of the tourist home.

- Valid occupation license or responsible declaration of occupation.
This document, issued by the City Council (first occupancy license) or by a competent architect or technician (responsible declaration for second or subsequent occupancy), certifies that the home in question complies with the urban planning regulations of the municipality where it is located to be habitable and does not has no procedure for restoring urban planning legality (urban planning infringement). It is necessary to highlight that this document must be renewed after ten years in the event of transmission (Decree 12/2021, of January 22, of the Consell, regulating the declaration responsible for the first and subsequent occupation of homes in the Valencian Community).

- Certificate of Urban Compatibility.
By virtue of this document, the municipal Administration authorizes the tourist rental of the property after verifying that the tourist use is compatible with the area or land where the property is located in accordance with the General Urban Planning Plan. Each City Council has the power to qualify or determine the destination or use of the land included within its scope of territorial jurisdiction. At this point, it is necessary to highlight the recent case of the Altea City Council, where they are going to suspend during the year 2024, for the moment, the issuance of urban compatibility certificates for tourist rental homes.

-    Liability insurance.
The minimum amount of the insured capital will be determined based on the maximum beds admissible in tourist housing, being €150,000 for accommodation with up to 25 beds.


Why choose Abahana?


From the above, we can conclude the great importance of carrying out or correctly managing the obtaining of a tourist license, without leaving aside the capital value that a property has a tourist license.

At Abahana we put at your available our services for any procedure
necessary in order to obtain a tourist license in any property located in the Valencian Community.